Ode to my dad

In the heart of the struggle, where the winds blow harsh,
Stands a man, my hero, with a will so vast.
A king without a crown, but in my world, he's got the throne,
Dad, you're the real MVP, the truth in flesh and bone.

'Cause when the days got cold, who was there to keep me warm?
My dad, my hero, the eye of my storm.
In the silence of his strength, I find my own beat,
Walking in his footsteps, down these life-trodden streets.

Yours are the shoes that I hope to one day fill
You're the huncho that stands on business at it's peak
A life of sacrifice, no cameras, no fame,
But in the script of my life, he's got the leading frame.

From the concrete jungle, where dreams often fade,
He rose like a phoenix, from the ashes unswayed.
Taught me to fight for love, to stand tall and true,
In the story of my life, he's the deepest hue.

So here's an ode to my dad, the hero unsung,
In the melody of life, his praises are flung.
For every lesson taught, for the love that's never barred,
In the rhythm of my heart, his legacy's starred.

Popular posts from this blog

Last glint

right man for you

Train through the Lilac field