right man for you

I wanna be your man, scratch that ...I wanna be the right man for you...see I've never seen my dad open the car door for my mom coz he doesn't have one...I've never seen them on dinner wear for date nights,coz he was always working late nights to make sure we have breakfast and dinner and everything in between on repeat and maybe to them that came first. I've seen my dad come home in the dark to a house with no lights but it didn't matter when he lit up in my mom's sweet sounds and warm hugs. 

I kept wondering what true love is , with our different lifestyles offering us different access I know sometimes I might be scared to explore your preference. Rehearsed all the right words and got comfortable with wearing masks so that you don't see me as less. Been fighting the urges to lead with my pockets, coz I know you love flowers and chocolate but I hope if I can't afford that, I can pour into you with the words of a poet, 

I hope I can whisper healing tones to all your insecure parts, I might not be able to fly you out but I want the way I look at you make you high in love, that everytime we hold hands you be feeling like imma put I ring on it...coz in my mind I already have...back hugs and shoulder rubs leaving my body scent on you having you feeling like you sleeping in the safety of my arms . I might not take you to safari park but the way I open up your palates is gon make you understand that you ain't missing out...

And I just don't wanna be all talk... allow me do all the things I spoke of, I might not be able to change water to wine in a snap, but I appreciate your patience in everything I be putting my grind on, more than anything I love the way you smile when you acknowledge my efforts...how you've always been my number one fan from day one really got me feeling like king Kong ain't on my level...designing the dream might make me miss your phone call but you can be sure I'll be there to kiss you goodnight and watch you in your beautiful repose...

Off days will be my favorite coz that will mean breakfast in bed, make you kiss me first coz I don't mind the morning breath, classic rnb in the background like it's setting up the play...then it's a long bath where you got your hands going down my chest...rose petals in the water ,both can't get enough of this smell...my words exposing your lady parts like it's spring time with just the right temperatures so this got me plucking for just the right tune like I'm fancy fingers ...I know our conversations be deep but this rhythm needs to hit that high G....this is music that only our bodies understand ...it's a masterpiece...
 
I pray that I don't sell you a pipe dream ...that everyday it's a testimony of how we 
beat the odds coz I know it's not your responsibility to calm me but I thank you for elevating my peace... And I hope to fully heal and to keep calling you up to your highest level of being. I hope you understand that my I love you is not to just give you cheap thrills but to let you know that I'm locked in.

Popular posts from this blog

Last glint

Train through the Lilac field